What Types Of Assault Charges Are There?
We are working remotely during these trying times to make sure we can still support you in all your legal matters.
Please know you can call us or schedule online appointments for any of your legal matters. Be well and stay safe.
In New Jersey, assault is divided into simple and aggravated categories.
At Karcher Law Firm, we can defend you effectively against all types of charges. Call 732-852-7018 to discuss your specific situation in a free consultation.
From our Red Bank office, we represent clients in Monmouth County and the surrounding areas of New Jersey.
What Is The Definition Of Simple Assault?
- New Jersey takes simple assault charges extremely serious due to the violent nature of the crime. Under N.J.S.A. 2C:12-1, a person is guilty of simple assault if he or she:
- Attempts to cause or purposely, knowingly or recklessly causes bodily injury to another
- Negligently causes bodily injury to another with a deadly weapon
- Attempts by physical menace to put another in fear of imminent serious bodily injury
- If convicted of simple assault you can face a fine of $1,000 and up to six months in jail. Simple assault crimes can be upgraded to aggravated assault if you do not have a skilled and experienced lawyer defending you.
At the Karcher Law Firm, our attorneys will fight for you and make sure that you receive the best possible legal counsel. Simple assault charges are very serious and should not be taken lightly. Let our attorneys fight for you, so you and your loved ones can be at ease.
What Is The Definition Of Aggravated Assault?
- In New Jersey, aggravated assault is a serious offense with equally serious consequences. Under N.J.S.A. 2C:12-1(b), an individual can face up to 10 years in prison and up to $150,000 dollars in fines.
- Additionally, a conviction in aggravated assault will leave a tainted criminal record. This means that future employers, creditors and friends can see that on your record you are labeled as a violent person, and this could restrict you from living the life you want to live.
Do not trust just any lawyer with the task of defending you. Trust the Karcher Law Firm that will fight for you and treat you with the respect you deserve. We at the Karcher Law Firm are experienced in representing individuals with all degrees of aggravated assault and will work tirelessly to prepare you for the proper defend.
Contact Our Law Firm
Call our office for a no-cost consultation, or complete the brief online form.