Plain and Simple Legal Advice


Modifications To A Divorce Decree

We are working remotely during these trying times to make sure we can still support you in all your legal matters.

Please know you can call us or schedule online appointments for any of your legal matters. Be well and stay safe.

Child custody, parenting time and support terms established in connection with a divorce don’t have to be permanent. In fact, either party can ask a court to modify these arrangements when a substantial change in circumstances warrants it. Whether you need a modification or want to oppose one,

Karcher Law Firm in Monmouth County will move quickly to protect your interests and pursue your goals. Call 732-852-7018 for free initial phone consultation about your unique situation. We are here to help.

Our attorneys have decades of experience helping clients from every walk of life successfully obtain or oppose post-divorce modifications. We also take great pride in providing each person who seeks our assistance with the personal attention, responsive service and compassion he or she deserves throughout the process.

Committed To Achieving Your Goals

Unemployment, relocation of the children, remarriage, an illness or disability, a pay raise, increased or decreased needs of the children — each of these is an example of the kind of life changes that can warrant modification of child custody, parenting time, child support or alimony terms.

A party seeking to modify custody, visitation or child support terms has to show that there has been “a significant change” in circumstances and that the requested modification serves the best interests of the children. Alimony modifications also require a significant change, but are generally more difficult to obtain.

Whatever your situation or need, our lawyers will explain the legal issues, standards and burdens of proof involved and will be available to answer questions, address concerns and keep you informed every step of the way.

Discuss Your Options With Us Today

To learn more about your options or how our law firm can help you achieve a specific modification-related goal, call us, or contact us online. We offer free initial phone consultations, accept major credit cards and are admitted to practice in both New Jersey and New York.